So you finally decided to move. This move indicates that you already realised the importance of physical activity or exercise in your overall health. You can start with home workouts but if you want a different environment, it is time to look for perfect top gyms in singapore to join.
Finding the right one is confusing because of the abundant number of gyms. To keep things simple, here are factors to consider when choosing a gym:
When you think about the gym and memberships, the cost will first come to mind. Many people hesitate because of the price but if you are smart about it, you can find ways to lower gym costs. You can consider the following to lower gym costs:
- Join during discount seasons: if you join at the right time, you will enjoy the gym at a
lower cost. Most gyms will offer discounted rates during off-peak seasons to entice more members. They do this because they anticipate lesser enrolment population.
• Watch out for extras: aside from the discount seasons, you should also watch out for extras. Do not succumb to unnecessary things just because the salesperson is persistent. Whenever you pay for extra, always determine the frequency of its use. It is better to read the contract before signing.
• Avoid long-term agreements: gyms these days trap members into signing long-term agreements. This approach is ideal if you are happy, comfortable and satisfied. If you agreed to long-term engagements, you are basically locked in and you need to pay whether you go or not.
Aside from the cost, you should look closely to the member profile. There are gyms these days that cater to a specific group of people. If you are particular with the member profile or crowd, you should find gyms with specialised programs.
Another thing to consider is the number of members. If you know the number of members, you will know what to expect. Do not forget to ask peak times so you can avoid it.
When you are doing a site inspection, you should ensure that you take a good walk around. The gym should be furnished with many types of equipment like the following:
- Dumbbells: if you usually use dumbbells for your workout, you need to check if the
gym has multiple sets so you can easily resume your workout even if many use it.
• Weight machines: these machines are ideal if you want a variety on your workout routine. When checking the weight machines, see if they are maintained properly.
• Cardio machines: the cardio machines like treadmills should be in good condition and offering the latest features. Do not forget to check the bikes and ensure that they have straps on the pedals.
You need to consider where the gym is located relative to your house. The gym should be near so you do not waste time and effort getting there. You can also consider a gym location relative to your workplace. Decide if it is convenient for you especially if you want to stop by before or after your work.
More importantly, you need to ensure that the gym is clean if you do not want to be uncomfortable in the long run.