Occupation: Office Manager
Hometown: San Diego, California
Pounds or Inches Lost: I lost 162 pounds!
Starting Weight: 310 pounds
Current Weight: 148 pounds
1. What made you choose to lose weight?
I wanted to be able to do more things and have better health.
2. What were the most important changes you made to lose weight?
I made healthier eating decisions. I lifted heavy weights more consistently. I also stopped drinking as much as I had been and lowered my sweets and bread intake.
3. What was most challenging on the subject of losing weight?
It was a really slow process and I didn’t see changes on the scale every week. That was the hardest part.
4. How long did it take you to begin to see results?
Probably three weeks.
5. How long achieved it take that you can achieve your current weight?
6. How long perhaps you have maintained your bodyweight loss and how will you do it?
7. How has your daily life changed given that you’ve lost weight?
I feel happier, my health is better and I have more confidence.
8. How did Old School New Body help you reach your weight loss goals?
Keep with it! It is discouraging not seeing changes on the scale, but if you are doing everything you can, it will happen. Don’t limit yourself to certain foods completely. It will make you go nuts.
Weight loss tip #1
Keep a food journal.
Weight loss tip #2
Record your workouts.
Weight loss tip #3
Do it with a friend or have someone to keep you accountable.
Weight loss tip #4
Weight loss tip #5
Lift heavy weights!
Oatmeal, fruit, milk, and sometimes cereal.
Chicken wrap or salad.
Chicken, fish, veggies, salad, and sometimes a sandwich.
Fruit, peanut butter, pumpkin protein bars.
I weight train 6 days a week. I try to hit one to two body parts every time I workout. For example: chest and triceps, back and biceps, shoulders, abs, legs, etc.
The stationary bike and dog walks.