Family Status: Married
Occupation: Field Service Representative
Location: Petersburg, Illinois
Starting Weight: 220 pounds
Current Weight: 165 pounds
Pounds or Inches Lost: I lost 55 pounds and 8 inches from my waist (40″ to 32″)!
1. What made you choose to lose weight?
Listening to a radio news story while driving which detailed how success is greatly increased by recording food intake.
2. What were the most important changes you made to lose weight?
Step #1- was recording my food intake
step #2- was better food choices
step #3- was to exercise three times per week.
3. What was most challenging on the subject of losing weight?
Meeting my daily calorie goal.
4. How long did it take you to begin to see results?
5. How long achieved it take that you can achieve your current weight?
6. How long perhaps you have maintained your bodyweight loss and how will you do it?
10 months to date. I maintain my weight by recording my food intake, making better food choices and exercising a minimum of three times weekly. I also maintain my weight with a public Facebook page to help keep me accountable.
7. How has your daily life changed given that you’ve lost weight?
My confidence has increased in my everyday life. I feel good about my body shape which motivates me to workout!
8. How did Old School New Body help you reach your weight loss goals?
I actually did not know about Old School New Body when I decided to make a change until one of my friend Jack told me about it. I bought it and spent a night to read it, I was considered my self a health person before I read Old School New Body after finish the book I realized I was so WRONG! Old School New Body delivered the very value information, I would recommend this book to everyone!
Weight loss tip #1
Record all food intake.
Weight loss tip #2
Make better food choices.
Weight loss tip #3
Exercise 3 times a week.
Weight loss tip #4
Eat high protein, low-calorie foods.
Weight loss tip #5
Strive to drink 64 ounces of water daily.
7 Egg Beaters, 3 ounces of grilled chicken, protein powder with plain Greek yogurt mix.
Grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo), grilled chicken salad.
Salmon, chicken, broccoli.
Protein drink, plain Greek yogurt, protein powder.
Weight training with body weight only which includes pushups, squat thrusts, body dips, bench dips. I also use free weights at home with 30, 20 and 15 pound dumbbells.
Treadmill, running outside, elliptical machine.